Oil prices are left, front and center, with a roller-coaster of rumors and a wider impact on markets: the US dollar, other commodities and also stocks eye Vienna.
You are welcome to listen, subscribe, provide feedback and pledge support on Patreon.
- OPEC: We explain the numbers supporting a deal: a small cut could result in a big rise in prices.
- US shale industry reaction: The pendulum is always ready to swing, but things move slowly.
- Significant inventory buildup: Oil stocks have gone up and up in recent years, something that also carries its weight on oil prices.
- Critical for OPEC: The divisions in the cartel risk making the organization irrelevant. Reaching a deal is crucial.
- Oil, the dollar, and Trump: Some of the classic correlations are broken, but will probably re-emerge after the Vienna summit.
- Preview: After the Thanksgiving week, we are back to full business with a buildup to the NFP, an update on GDP and quite a few other important events in the first week of the last month of 2016.
Listen to the podcast here: