Financial markets are certainly moving in the near-fortnight after Trump shocked markets with his ascent to the presidency.
You are welcome to listen, subscribe, provide feedback and pledge support on Patreon.
- Currencies: We focus on the three major currency pairs: EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/JPY which are reacting differently, partly on monetary policy divergence and also on politics.
- Gold: The precious metal is stuck in a conundrum between a hedge against inflation but also as an asset in need of Fed stimulus.
- Bonds: The “bond rout” has not been equal, but it has certainly some benefits for some central banks.
- Stocks: Some of the money going out of bonds enters stocks, but certain sectors are trumping others.
- Preview: The week of Thanksgiving features relatively few data points but that doesn’t mean little movement. The FOMC Meeting Minutes stand out.
Listen to the podcast here: